Sunday, January 29, 2012

Power of Healing through Running!

Today was one of the best days for me in running. It was a long emotional run but it made me truly understand how running can heal. Today's run I had a lot of thoughts going through my head. A lot of the run was wondering what I had done at work and why I was not being considered for the next level. I had to realize it was not me, it is what it is and I had to continue to do what I do... be dedicated to the project and give my best to succeed.... Today's run, healed the sadness that I had been having for the last few weeks and get myself ready to move on..

It has been a long time since I have had that feeling while running and I am glad I had this time. Today's eight miles was close to 2 hours of quality time with me. I now totally understand the part of the movie in Forest Gump where Forest just kept on running and running and running. The pain and ache of the run just hit the pavement every mile I ran. Near the end of the run, I wanted to smile and move on, so I started to think of silly things.. I took a line from my next month's workout and started to sing the alphabet backwards.. I didn't get that far before I started to laugh.. I was start out with z,y,x w,v, u, t and giggle. So, I would try again. This will be my new silly time... who knows, I think by the time I run the half marathon, I can make it to A.

This speedy turtle is getting better and learning more about herself. Thank you run for listening to me and letting me vent.

Happy Training,
Eling


No comments:

Post a Comment