Saturday, March 3, 2012

Past Month.. I was a Swim Mom and Swim Taxi...

So the last month, I have been really busy... training??? I tried to get in a workout as much as possible.. I had to because I am training for the Germantown Half marathon.. so what have I been doing?? Well, I have been supporting my son, Donnie! Actually, he was the one that convinced me to get back into the swing of exercising again and to do my first triathlon.

Here is my son! He has kept me busy. For the first week, we had county championships and he did great! Then the week after, I drove him to Nashville, TN to take him to the TN state High School championships! My son is a freshman and made state.. I am such a proud mom!  We had one week break and last weekend we were in Knoxville, TN for USA Swimming Southeastern Championships. That was a great weekend for my son. He dropped in all of his strokes except for his breast stroke. He finally realized he should be swimming the fly... So he will now start training as a butter-flyer.

So, I know this is suppose to be about me, but my life really involves a lot with my son and husband, so today's post is for my son. He has been my biggest cheerleader in my training and keeps pushing me to continue to do my workout. He has even given me swimming advice.. see, I don't swim very fast...

So, here's to my son! Thank you Donnie for being my biggest fan!

Happy Training!

Eling
Speedy Turtle Triathlete

No comments:

Post a Comment