Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Excuses!

Keeping up with my blog has made me accountable for my triathlon training! So, I am making a confession.. this past week, I came up with so many excuses to not train and I didn't.. Last Thursday, I ran 6 miles and it was slow but it felt great. I had big plans to run in Knoxville that weekend... I should have realized it after that run. Last weekend, I was the supportive Mom sitting in the stands watching my son swim in the USA Swimming Southeastern Swim Championships.. So.. the excuses started each day after the meet..."It's raining outside... I am soo tired.. I want to take a nap...Let's go see Harry Potter..." Great excuses and we had a great time as a family.. but I only have 14 weeks left to train for the half..Oh my goodness... I really need to get back on track!

As Billy, my triathlon coach, stated: "..we really need to step everything up...All of the workouts are going to be tough but I know everyone can do them.." 

So.. I am going to give it my all, I know I may slip, but I will just get back on track.. so here I go.. 
Happy Training!

Eling

No comments:

Post a Comment