Sunday, July 10, 2011

Enjoying Mother Nature!!

So, yesterday I had one of the best training rides ever! I went 25 miles and average 14.7 miles/hour.. with hills going about 9 miles/hour ( this is a big deal because I usually go 3 miles/hour...yes, I should just get off the bike and walk...) Even though the weather was about 90 degrees with 100% humidity, I still had a great ride..

Going with the theme of the title.. I enjoyed this ride because of the beauty of my surroundings.. There were parts of my ride where the road was covered in a canopy of trees.. The hot wind was blowing and I was riding..The scenery around me makes one appreciate the beauty of the earth.. The best part of the ride was seeing two deer running across the road...Being a girl that grew up in San Diego, I am still always amaze at seeing critters on the road.. I couldn't get out my phone fast enough to take a picture, so I downloaded a picture.. When I came in from my ride (hot and sweaty), I was the silly girl talking forever to my husband about the deer and the trees and my ride.... He looked at me and smile.. All in all, it was a good ride.

Eling

No comments:

Post a Comment