Saturday, June 4, 2011

Training and coughing...

After I finished Memphis in May, I got a freaking head cold! I haven't been sick all season and the one week I take a break, I get sick.. This is not fun.. I am now on day 7 of coughing and no voice but I need to train. So, this morning, my partner in crime, my husband, and I woke up at 5:30 am and took our son to his swim practice...yes, my son is a competitive swimmer and he is awesome.. I am his mom!

So..we drop our son off and head to the lake.. Yes, we have a great place to swim. One of the local triathlete's here has opened up his home to swim the lake behind his house.. I have been swimming this lake with a wetsuit for a few weeks now and when we get down to the lake it was warm... So no wet suit..oh no.. I liked my wetsuit.. It has become my life saver.. Whenever I am tired, is just float because of the buoyancy...I was getting a little anxious..... Ok, I got in and it felt like I was swimming at the pool.. My anxiousness went way and away we go.. We swam 1500 yards and it wasn't too bad.. I just had a lot going on in my head...how am I going to complete a half iron distance? Will I make all of the cutoff time? What do I have to do next... On and on ... You can think up a lot of stuff swimming open water..luckily, my question of what to do next was sitting in my email... Yes, Billy sent out our workout and I get to look forward to a 30-35 mile bike ride tomorrow followed by a 15 min run with some really fast people.. Yes, I am one of the slower ones in our training group..I always feel guilty because they have to wait for me.. But you know what..they don't feel that way( or that is what my husband said). The group is a great group and very encouraging.. So I will keep on training.

Tomorrow should be fun.. We are in record heat here in Memphis, so I will have lots of water.. Let's just hope I don't collapse because of my cold..


Happy Saturday!
Eling

No comments:

Post a Comment