Sunday, June 5, 2011

Bumps and bruises...

So.. I went on a 28 mile ride today with the training group and I was left in the dust!... Wait.. actually, my husband rode back and made sure I was doing ok... I am so glad he was there.. we came up to Walgreen's and Kelly (one of the group members) and Don ( my wonderful husband) were waiting for me and I tried to go into the parking lot.. and my tires got stuck against the curb...next thing I know.. my bike and I are falling..I couldn't do anything about it.. I was clipped and I was falling..... so glad I remembered something I had heard or read about.. don't brace with your hands, just tuck and fall.. I am glad I did.. I could have broken my wrists.. So, I now have some bumps and bruises on my arm and my ego is a little hurt. I was embarrassed that I didn't make a wide turn.. Oh well.. No pain, no gain..

This was one of my best rides ever!.. I have been normally riding at 12 - 13 miles/hour and today, my average was 16 miles/hour. In fact in the beginning, I was going about about 18-20 miles/hour on the flat roads.. darn those hills.. "just love those hills!" because I go so slow, I must love hills..LOL.. "NOT".. Actually, it was a great ride and I got to explore a different part of the town that I never rode before..This is one of things that I have started to enjoy about my training.. exploring the outdoors on my bike and really enjoying the beauty of the scenery here in Tenn. After the ride, I went for a 2 mile run and it was a slow hot run... yes, it was almost 90 degrees outside with the heat index close to 100..yikes.. gotta get used to this..

Well, tomorrow is a new day.. Training will start at 5:30 am, with a 4:30 wake up. If it is the same as last week, it will be a swim followed by a run.

Happy Training!
Eling

No comments:

Post a Comment