Thursday, June 2, 2011

Surprise! Shocked and excited!

Today, I found out that my company is going to sponsor me in the Beach 2 Battleship triathlon! http://www.beach2battleship.com/. Names of employees who applied were placed in a raffle to be sponsored, so I said why not try.. I signed up and my name was chosen. Boy was I surprised! I never win.

You see my adventures in triathlons started last year when I completed two sprints and never trained. Not a smart thing to do... I realized that after I did the first one and almost drowned...not fun...wait.. I completed another tri a few months later and didn't train either... That was when I realized, one really does need to train...so I made a vow to train.. It also helped that when I saw pictures of me in those events, that I wasn't prepared. So.. in Jan of this year, my journey started. I started out with a tri group training with Billy and the Lifetime Fitness class at night and began training.. Two weeks later, my motivation was dwindling, so I switched from the night class and started working out in the morning.. My husband was training also, so I had a partner crime. He kept me motivated and I started to really enjoy our early morning 4:30 am wake-up and training with my husband...our goal was to complete Memphis in May on 22 May 2011. This was an olympic distance race and we did it. I had a blast, even with the rain, thunder, and lighting. I had a blast wanted to keep this up. I had lost 10 lbs and I was feeling so much better about myself.. It was the day before that I signed up to be sponsored...I said, if I get picked, I would complete the half ironman..if not, then I will go ahead and complete another Olympic distance and then think about the half..that brings us back to now..

Now that I am committed, I thought I would document my journey.. So here I am. This is my first post and I hope to keep this up!

No comments:

Post a Comment