Sunday, August 4, 2013

End of the Season!!

Wow! I still can't believe that yesterday I finished my last triathlon for the season. What a season this has been!

I owe a lot to my coach, Lesley and my family for the amazing season. Here is a breakdown of my season of triathlons:


  • April 2013: Ironman 70.3 New Orleans PR by 45 mins for a 70.3. My last 70.3 was in Austin and it really is hard to compare races, but my time dropped. 
  • May 2013: Memphis in May Olympic distance PR by over 23 minutes from the previous year
  • July 2013: Ironman 70.3 Muncie PR by 10 mins for a 70.3. Same disclaimer above, you really can't compare races but my time dropped and the run was harder than New Orleans.
  • Aug 2013: Annie Oakley Super Sprint PR by 12 minutes from the previous year. This was the triathlon that started it all. :)
First ride after my bike crash
 I have had a lot of encouragements from my Thunder teammates and now from a very special group that now calls themselves the Speedy Turtles.. Everyone has cheered me on and just have been an inspiration to me. My triathlon family is very special and I know we will all continue to grow closer each year!

Training this year has been really amazing and I truly want to continue this training. I am really enjoying the new lifestyle of not giving in to the excuses in my head.. though I really want to and they work very hard to talk me out of working out..

Upcoming goals??? I am starting to really work on my running speed. I would love to continue getting faster, so this off season  I will be training for only a half marathon.. Trust me.. just running is brutal on the joints, so I will still cross train in swimming and biking..

I am still contemplating on what the next season will bring.. I have some of my tri buddies asking if I will do IM Florida.. WOW... that is a big decision.. I am not sure yet. If I am to do 140.6, I want to be able to finish by midnight.. right now on the best of conditions I would just make it with no room to spare.. I will have an opportunity to watch my husband complete his ironman this month.. These last three weekends of watching my husband train during his long runs and rides.. mmm, my answer is a big resounding NO.. but I have to say, I  have been known to not listen to myself and sign up for a half ironman the first year of doing triathlons and I hadn't even done an Olympic.. Who knows what next year will bring?? I know I will do a few 70.3 races. I seem to really like those and I really want to get under 13 min/miles for the run..

My journey of a better life is still ongoing and I will keep on trying to work at it.. It gets hard at times but I must not beat myself up.. I have to race my race and believe..

Happy Training!

Eling

Just before the swim...
Hey look, I look really skinny!! Love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment