Monday, August 19, 2013

Running... sometimes I love it and other times it is so hard to do..

So, now that my triathlon season is over, it is now time for me to start working on the events that I would like to get better at... This fall, I have decided to really concentrate on my running.. There are days that I love it and then days that it just seems so hard to just get out there to run....

Here I am having fun running.
 I have started running with the local Memphis Women Walk/Run group and I ended  up in the advance group. I really do love to train in this group but I am the slowest one there.. During our warm-up runs, I am running a speed where I can't even talk because I don't want to lose the group and then when we start the hills, I am forever running. The groups start out with group 1: very fast group, group 2: second fastest and then group 3: the group I am in.. we take off, up the hill I go run, run, run... I am the last one and turn around... get back to the start and catch one breath.. and off we go.. I feel like I am back in high school swim practice doing intervals and never making the intervals and I just keep swimming.. well here it is the same with running... I am always running to catch up..Some of my friends are saying I am no longer the speedy turtle, but I am.. I am still learning to run my own race and not get frustrated with myself.. Tonight, we ran and I started to really get frustrated with myself until one of the coaches told me to relax and run my race. It was so nice for her to come up to me and tell me this is my time and I need to enjoy the run.. So, I tried.. I still got frustrated and now I am venting..

I know this is helping me to get faster because my last 5 mile race it showed and I finished in a faster time than my goal.. It was a really humid wet morning, but I had so much fun doing this race.. I was running with a good friend Becky, one awesome person.. and she paced me  the entire race..I hope to run like her one day.. I will need to find friends to run with to make sure I run faster.

Finishing the race with a smile. 
The running will get there.. I guess I just wish I was 25 again and running a 9:30 pace.. but this will take time.. I am slowly getting faster and one day, I will be fast like Becky and pacing someone to get better. I feel better and I need to remember to run my own run and not get frustrated.. tomorrow, I am going to run without the Garmin and just run like a kid...

Happy Training...
Eling

No comments:

Post a Comment