Saturday, August 24, 2013

Tribute to my Amazing Husband!!

 This is for my amazing husband! Tomorrow he will be embarking on his final celebration of his training to becoming an Ironman. For the last 40 weeks, I have watched him train, follow the advice from our coach, and enjoy this journey that he has embarked on. He has ridden his bike several weekends in a row to ride his 100 mile rides, refueling at home and at the mini mart on base..I was there to help him with his 20 mile run and every time, he had taken off on his training run, ride or swim, he has come back with a smile and a kiss  for me.

During this time, he let me train and complete in two half ironmans and encouraged and cheered me on everyday. In all of my races, whether or not if he completed  them, he was always there.

 Tomorrow it will be my turn. I will watch him take off at the swim and the gather up the family and make the trek to LaGrange, Ky (25 miles away) to watch him and cheer him on the bike. He will definitely need it. We rode the bike course the other day, and I will NEVER do this race.. the vertical climbs are a killer... I only saw this in a car.. I can only imagine what it would be like on a bike.. my quads would be on fire... People at home, if you think of the last hill on the Herb Parsons loop, over and over and over, and over and...again.. That is what the hills are like. The bike course is beautiful!The horse pastures and the farmland is amazing.. Once we  see him on the bike and have lunch in LaGrange, we will head back to Louisville and get situated by mile 13... Mile 13 is the beginning of the second lap of the marathon and is about 100 feet from the finish.. A lot of people will get demotivated and I want to be sure I am there to cheer them on.. I hope to see Don at that point too. I  have already told him that if he needs me too, I will run with him/ do the Eling Shuffle... to make it to the finish line. I am soo excited for him and can't wait to see him finish.... He is one amazing fellow! Not bad looking too.. :) I love this guy and I am so proud of his accomplishment.

The family just before the underpants run
So this is a tribute to my amazing husband! I love you and whatever happens, you will always be my Ironman!!

Happy Training!!
Eling







No comments:

Post a Comment