Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hello Asphalt!! Meet Speedy Turtle...

 I had been resting and recovering the last week. On Monday, I start back to running and run with the Memphis Women Walk Run group and I had a great run. I kept up with hill repeats and couldn't believe how fast my feet were moving.. On my way back to my car, I roll my ankle and had a sprained ankle. Not too bad.. I have had worse ankle sprains than this. I walked, ran back to the car. I rested, iced, compressed and elevated my leg for the next  day. I was back.. I went swimming and had a great swim..I went on a 3.3 mile run on Thursday and had a great run! My average speed was 12 min/mile.. Yeah!! Speedy Turtle is starting to get faster...

Now come today.. I was going to meet with a few of my turtle friends and  go for a 25 mile ride. I was so excited.. I was ready for a great ride! We started off great! My legs felt great, the weather was great and then I saw a car in front of me.. I yelled back to let my friends know that a car was coming and my front wheel turned into the grass... This is not a good thing.. I tried to straighten out and  knew that wasn't going to happen. I knew I was going to crash... I just didn't know how much it was going to hurt..but I knew it was going to hurt... down I go... Thanks to Elaine and Kat, they were there helping me out, calling a ride and making sure I was ok.. I couldn't have planned a perfect crash.. both Elaine and Kat work in the ER as a PA and NP.. I had the best care ever!!

So, I thought I just laid my bike down.. hit my head and face on the road... NOOOO.... I made decided to make it look good. Kat said I did a flip over my bike and landed acing the opposite direction.. I didn't realize that until she said.. look at your bike... OMG!!! I freaked out inside... You know I could have broken a collarbone, ribs and had a concussion.. I am so glad I have a hard head.. Elaine's husband came and took me back to my car to my car where  I met my husband and son.. Yes, they were called to come get me because I wasn't sure if I could drive home..

I am now home and resting.. I am going to have quite a shiner this week. I am so glad I work from home.
I will be getting back on my bike again this week.. I have a mini sprint tri next weekend.. I am not going to stop me from continuing the change in my lifestyle... In the past, I would have done this, but not this time. Tomorrow is the RRS 5K, if my body is up for it, I will go run it. I will keep on moving forward and I will keep on training..

Thank you to Kat, Elaine, John, Don and Donnie! I am really lucky to have some great friends and family..

Speedy Turtle is on the mend..

Happy Training!
Eling

No comments:

Post a Comment