Saturday, July 6, 2013

Still training... One week to Ironman 70.3 Muncie

Well, it has been over a month since I last posted.. I have been keeping myself really busy.After Memphis in May, I went back to training for another half ironman... I know you are thinking...."ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!" Yes, I am crazy.. but I think I am starting to get addicted to the training... That is a good thing right?! I started to run intervals with the Bartlett Rec Center and I started Computrainer sessions at BioMechaniks.. So... I am busy pretty much everyday of the week. Monday = run, Tues = computrainer, Wed = Swim, Thurs = computrainer, Friday = rest and Saturday and Sunday long rides and run... In between the training, eating a sleeping, I have been stuck playing Candy Crush...
One advice to anyone who reads this...if you have not started playing Candy Crush.... DON'T...  It can consume you.. So, I have made a pact to myself to limit myself on Candy Crush... We will see how far that goes..

Anyway, back to triathlon training... My training has been quite the adventure in Nature.. Today on my last Brick, on my bike ride, I saw a deer.. The deer just stood there and watched me ride by.. What a majestic animal..near the end of my ride, I saw a turtle in the middle of the road.. I had to save the turtle.. I moved the turtle to the other side and made sure it was  safe...finally, while I was running, I saw a baby frog hop past my feet.. It is amazing how much you can see when you stop to enjoy your surroundings and not just trudge through your workout.. I have had some bumps and bruises while riding.. During our 4th of July ride, I lost my balanced and fell.. I fell in front of the whole group... I was more embarrassed than hurt.. I cleaned it with water and had one of the best rides ever..


This looks worse than it really was.. I thought, well... I have a race in a week, so something had to happen.. :).

I am getting nervous about the race in Muncie but it will be fun. I will be doing the race with my husband and my son will be volunteering as a lifeguard.. How  cool is that! My goal is to finish faster than New Orleans (7 hours 29 min) but I will be happy to finish and feel good about my race.. Always need to finish with a smile and know that I did my best.. Who knows... if all goes well, I may look at a full next year.. but that is not a decision to make right now...

Until then... I will be going into my race week... I will know that I have been consistent with my training and I will continue..

Have a great week!

Eling 

No comments:

Post a Comment