Sunday, March 3, 2013

New Game on a long Run.....

How do I avoid getting hit by a car?? Oh wait!! That is an arcade game that I played when I was a kid.. FROGGER!!!
 So, today, I had a twelve mile run and it was going great until I came to a 2 mile stretch that has no sidewalks. It was a country two lane road. It is a common road for bikers to ride because usually no one drives it until later in the day.. Well, that is when I was running and being that is was a very beautiful day, drivers were out on a Sunday drive.. talking on their cell phones and not paying attention. YIKES!! That a good thing for me. I had to avoid being hit be at least three different cars. Not fun.. by the time I got to the mile 6 turn around.. I was in tears. I was so happy that my hubby and I are each others SAG for long runs, because he was there waiting for me. He asked what was wrong and I told him.. He drove me past the the two lane road and had be get out and finish my run. He then proceeded to watch out for me along the way.. It is a great feeling to know he is there looking out for me.. Not only did he watch out for me, he had brought me my reflective belt and my headlamp to make sure the other cars will still see me, even if I was running in the bike lane.

I did have a great run! Actually, this week has been a great training week after traveling to San Francisco in the beginning of the week. Friday afternoon, I swam a mile in 38 minutes.. the best time I have ever done. My son counted my laps for me. He was so funny, he floated underwater and showed my lap count on the bottom of the pool and then he would give me thumbs up. He shadow boxed telling me that I was conquering the swim and flexed his muscles telling me that I was looking strong. What a great feeling to have him there supporting me.  

Yesterday, I rode the bike trainer for 2 hours and was engrossed in "Downton Abby" . I hadn't seen the series yet and I finished up Season 1 this week. I will start Season 2 tomorrow. 

My love hate relationship with training is turning into I "LOVE" and "NEED" to workout! I have been the most consistent in my training this season and I am feeling stronger and stronger. In two weeks, I will be running in a half marathon and then a month later a duathlon and a half Ironman. So, the test will be those events. 

Now, it is time to get ready for a new week!

Happy Training, 
Eling 

No comments:

Post a Comment