Saturday, March 9, 2013

My Night and Shining Armour!!!

Today was a big workout day for me! I had on my schedule a brick: 40 miles on the bike and a 3 mile run (it was supposed to be 5 miles,but I read 3 miles). I was so excited because today I would get to ride my bike outside and not on a trainer. I got ready and took off. The first 20 miles was great! I arrived at my SAG in 1 hour and 10 min. I grabbed more water, roasted almonds and a Cliff bar and took off to finish the last 20 miles.. A mile out, my back wheel just didn't feel right... so I looked down and sure enough I had a flat.. I pulled over and pulled the wheel off. I struggled and text my hubby and let him know that I had a flat and was changing my tire. Twenty minutes later, I finally got the tire off and was working on putting the new tire on.. and then I see another hole.. uggh... I called my hubby to pick me up. My knight and shining armour!

This is what I saw!! Doesn't he look so handsome!!...

Well, he wasn't wearing his uniform, but he pulled up and I was ready to put the bike in the car.. but instead, he brought me a new tire to replace.. When he found out that the outer tire had a hole, he had brought my other bike tire and put it on my bike. He was not going to be my excuse for not completing my workout.. Instead, he took the tire and put it back on my bike and made sure I had enough water and nutrition and told me to finish my ride. He is such a supporting man. I am one lucky girl.

The ride bike ride back was a lot harder.. the wind picked up and I had a head wind.. Also, I didn't realize that I had all of these hills to climb.. as my hubby would say.."It will make you stronger".. So, climb I go.
I make it home..Yeah!

Off  I go to run..wobble, wobble off I run down the hill and back up. I finished the run and the workout! Now, I am ready for a burger, beer and some carrot cake....

Have a great day... till the next workout!

Eling

No comments:

Post a Comment