Monday, March 25, 2013

Believe in Your Training!!!


28 Days until IM 70.3 New Orleans...


This weekend was a big training weekend... Friday, I started out with a 2000 yard swim.. completed this in 49 mins..Saturday, I was supposed to ride my bike for 50 miles, but I didn't have a three hour time block because I had to be Taxi Mom.. (in the past, I would just skip the workout...) Not this time... I rearranged my schedule and ran my 8 miles on Saturday in 1 hour 45 minutes.. in the wind and rain.. Sunday, I rode my bike for 3 hours - the wind was over 25 knots with rain and snow.. not a good combination to ride a bike... 


Am I crazy?? I think I am.. I have exactly 28 days until I line up to start the swim for the Half Ironman New Orleanss.. Am I nervous, scared,  and ready to take this challenge on???  YES!! I will be ready to take on this challenge. I have been really working hard so far this season and really want to do well. The last time I did a half ironman, my training was done in the middle of summer.. The summer heat of Memphis...I, also, was not committed like I have been this season.  This time around, I have been training during the winter and spring.. This winter/spring has been really cold. We are in the last week of March and today we had snow flurries.. It rained over the weekend, so I wasn't able to ride my bike for 50 miles.. instead.. I rode my bike on the bike trainer for 3 hours.. I am following the plan and it is starting to be a habit for me. I am still nervous, but as my son's swim coach told me today, "Believe in your training".. I am going to continue training.. on the rode, the treadmill, the trainer and in the pool. 

I need to keep reminding myself that I can do this. There is a mental game going on in my head.. Everyday, I have doubts about what I am doing.. I come up with excuses to not do my workout, in the beginning of the day, then by the end of my day.. I pack my gym back and I am off to either go for  a run on the treadmill... my friend and foe..., or swim in the pool... I have a lot of arguments with myself on these workouts, but I feel soo good after I swim.. or I hop on my bike trainer and ride.. I try not to give in to the excuses... I have doubts about finishing the triathlon and I talk to my coach, my husband or my son (my biggest supporters). I just have to keep on believing in myself and Believe in my training... I am doing more for myself now than I ever had.. So, here we go.. In 28 days, I will be nervous, anxious and excited to jump into the marina..I will swim my heart out, run to T1, get on my bike ride out and back to T2 and take off and run to the finish line. I will do this because I Believe..

Happy Training, 
Eling 






No comments:

Post a Comment