Thursday, February 28, 2013

Training update!!!!!

So this past weekend, the LONG workouts began!!! On Saturday, I had a two hour bike ride... it was 40 degrees F outside and I rode the trainer!! I actually did not mind riding the trainer on Saturday. My hubby got us the movie ARGO and the two of us rode our bikes and watched the movie. AMAZING... It earned Best Picture for the Grammys...The cats were in front of the fireplace, the kiddo was watching the movie with us and we were riding.. 
me riding and watching the movie

Sunday, brought sunshine and 60 degree weather.. I had a 10 mile run... two weeks prior, I had a 9 mile run and it was not fun.. I was slow and it took me 2 LONGGGG hours to finish it. On Sunday, it was a lot better... I was enjoying the weather, the scenery and it just felt a lot easier to run.. I guess, you can say that I am starting to love running!! So, just by enjoying myself and getting into a great running rhythm, I finished 10 miles in 2 hours.. OMG... I think I will be able to finish the half marathon in less than 3 hours, one of my goals this year!! Whooo Hooo... I need to bottle this feeling up because I know I will have those days where running will be hard and I will just hate it.. So, I am going to cherish this..
Here is my proof!!
This weekend's training will be tough, but I am going to do it. Tomorrow, I have a timed mile swim. Saturday 2.5 hour bike ride and on Sunday 12 mile run. All of this will be indoors because the weather is predicting snow.. yikes.. I have movies downloaded for the run and I need to see what I can watch on Saturday for the ride.. I am determined to BRING IT!!! I know come Monday, I will look like this....... but it will be worth it come April when I am racing IM 70.3 New Orleans. 

Happy Speedy Turtle Training!
Eling

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much Kat! He is my biggest supporter! It is soo true about feeling great! Now, we will have to see what Sunday brings :)

    ReplyDelete