Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Gasping for Air!!!!!!

So.. the last two days, I have been out of commission on training.. This time I didn't make an excuse.. My body had come down with an upper respiratory infection.. Thanks to my adorable, loving son, who likes to drink out of mom's cup... I caught his cold..

Adorable son on New Year's Eve..
Today, I started to feel a lot better. I went to my evening swim class.. Oh My Goodness (my version of OMG).. My first 100 yards, I felt like I hit a brick and I was gasping for air.. Wow.. having a hacky cough and congestion can really hurt your chest and lungs when you are trying to breathe while swimming..GASP.... As I started completing each set, my lungs started to clear up and I was feeling a lot better.. This was great.. but then I got mad.. I started to think of Lance Armstrong his doping and this really made me upset.. For someone that I have looked up to for so long, how could he have done what he did. I mean, here I am gasping for air just to complete my workout and he cheats.. I am disappointed and upset...ugh.. sorry.. I just did a "Squirrel" moment..

Back to swimming.. after the first 100, each set did get better. I am so glad I went. I finished 2200 yards again..I had a blast and I think I was able to get more of the yucky gunk out of my body!

So, the moral of my thoughts.. listen to your body..if it tells you to rest, rest and when you are ready to train again.. do so.. you will feel 100% better. 

Happy Training, 
Eling

No comments:

Post a Comment