Friday, January 11, 2013

A mile is still a mile....

As I ran my long run today, I started looking at my Garmin and kept getting frustrated because I wasn't going fast.. I wanted to maintain my 11 min/mile that I ran during my intervals this week. I was cursing my self.. saying I will never get fast.. Why am I running so slow.....ugh!!! I really was getting mad and not enjoying the run.. After mile two.. I looked up and saw the sun was setting and it was so beautiful...I just realized that my long run today was not about racing but enjoying the nice afternoon..the weather was 67 the second week of Jan...and enjoy the beauty of running outside, instead of the treadmill, and the beauty of nature.. Once I did that, I continued to run and stopped beating myself up..I finished 6.3 miles outside and then the last 1.7 miles on the treadmill. It was getting dark and I didn't have any gear on to run in the dark..So what does this mean to me? I needed to realize that if I ran 16 min/mile or a 6 min/mile, I still ran 8 miles.. I got it done... That was my message to me.. As long as I keep on going, I have succeeded!

Happy Training!
Eling 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment