Saturday, December 22, 2012

Christmas Party!!



 So the last few months, I have been tracking my calories, exercising and trying to eat right. But each week, I always have one night where I don't track anything.. Yesterday was that day! I had my favorite cake: Betty Crocker yellow cake with chocolate frosting... yummy! And a Christmas Party with the best neighbors... Last night was the first time in a long time that my hubby and I enjoyed the alcohol just a little too much.. wine and beer and I think I had some vodka. It was such a great night and we didn't even have to drive home.. we walked hand in hand back to our house and fell asleep.. I am glad I give myself that free day... I think I would have  just gone way over board if I didn't... but what does that have to do with training for a triathlon?.....

Today, I had to run 5 miles and I wasn't sure how it would go.. The run was great! I kept pushing myself to run faster than 13 min/mile pace...yes I am slow..That is why I am the speedy turtle..:)

The first mile was hard because I still felt some of the effects of the alcohol the night before, but as I kept on running I felt stronger. It felt great! I know that when I run my next half marathon in March, I will finish under 3 hours...Here are my stats recorded on my Garmin. Untitled by Eling_Kim at Garmin Connect - Details

Having fun and still training is something I am going to keep on  incorporating into my life because I am having fun and liking what I do, I just won't have as much alcohol to drink..  image if  I hadn't drank last night how my run would have been...

Have a great day!
Eling 

No comments:

Post a Comment