Saturday, October 8, 2011

Hard Training!!!!! Nerves..anxiousness..

Sorry I haven't written in a number of weeks, the last few weeks have been some really hard training. The days are getting shorter till Austin! Two weeks from today, I will be getting myself ready to start my race in Austin, TX for the Ironman 70.3. Where did the time go?? I know! I have been training, working, and being a swim taxi to my 14 year old son, (Donnie). I have, also, been getting nervous as I see the countdown clock. Will I make it, can I finish before the time expires? I guess you could say I have been a bunch of nerves and anxiousness... I know I will finish, I am determined..

So what have I been doing? I have been trying to re-learn how to swim freestyle and training. Yes, a few weeks ago, I learned what I was doing wrong. So for the last two weeks, on Tuesday and Thursday morning and on Wednesday evening this week, I have been swimming. Tuesday and Thursday morning it is up at 4:30 and swimming. My son's swim coach, has been pushing me with freestyle drills for an hour each day. It is great because my 25 free used to take me 40 secs and now I am at 30 secs and my 100 has gone from a 3 min 100 down to 2-2:10. Boy do I wish I had corrected my freestyle sooner. Thank you Coach Lesley! You will be seeing me more after Austin!

I have been working a lot of hours each day at work and when I am done, I really need to go for a run, to relieve the stress. So I have been running. In fact, last week, I had to complete a long run, but I didn't get out until 5:22pm  So, I strap on my lights and reflective gear and headed out. I was having a great run.. until the sun went down..... It was Dark! I couldn't see farther than 5 feet in front of me.. and the cars coming towards me were soo bright! I was blinded. BUT, I kept running and running. Then came along a familiar car.. my husband! I was soo happy. He rescued me. Luckily, I ran almost 9 miles, so I was happy.. This week, I went for a long run and I got out early enough and finished 9 miles in 2 hours.. whoo hoo!

So, my last two Saturdays, have been >50miles on the bike. I found out that I really do not like wind. Last week, the wind was > 13 knot winds and this week it was 10 knot winds.  The only good thing about the rides were my average speed... 16 mile/hour with head wind and crosswinds. This is a huge improvement since I first started riding. Maybe, Austin won't have any wind and hills. Oh yea.. I don't like hills either.  I can only hope and wish!

So, after today's workout, tomorrow will be a rest day and I think we are supposed to start to taper.. I only hope this happens. But if it doesn't, then I am ready to tackle the training.

Happy Training!
Eling


No comments:

Post a Comment