Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Motivation!!!

This past weekend was a very busy triathlon weekend! My Husband, Don, qualified for the HyVee Triathlon 5150 US Championships back in May when we competed in Memphis in May. So, we packed the car, the cats, the bikes and the gear and headed to Des Moine, IA. What an experience! As my son, Donnie stated on his Facebook page..."Not only did i get to see my dad complete a tri, i also got to see pro's do (their) work!" I would have to say the same.. This weekend, I got to see my husband, Don, complete an awesome race, but I was able to watch how the pros compete. It was after the race that I found out that this is the highest paid race for professional triathletes! Wow!


What has motivated me was seeing all of the competitors compete and cross that finish line and then to see the pros. I was so close, that I was almost knocked over by one of the riders during the bike portion..

I am now even more motivated to  continue with my training for Austin 70.3. In addition, I now have a new goal to reach next year. I want to go to the HyVee Age Group Championships next year! So, I will keep on training. 


Here are some of the photos that we took over the weekend! This is such an awesome competition and the people of Des Moine, IA do know how to put on a triathlon!




My Handsome Husband! I am so proud of him!




Winner!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment