Sunday, April 22, 2012

Busy Week of Training!

What a week! This week I completed all of my workouts from Mon-Friday and then on Saturday I volunteered for a great cause!  My runs were great because I am starting to have negative splits but I am still not fast fast... I am still moving along like a turtle.  I am just happy that I am starting to run again. Then on Friday, I had to get up early.... I am not a morning person..  I love my sleep... I got up and took my son to swim practice and completed a timed swim.  I had to swim a mile.  All I could think was.... How am I going to do this?  I must be crazy.... Silly me.. I jumped in and started my song..."99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer...." and next thing I know, I was done.  39 minutes later, I swam an extra 50 yards. I was done.. Whoo hoo! I had never really timed myself before and when I did the calculations for Memphis in May's Olympic distance, I was DEFINITLY going to have a PR.. Whoo Hoo!  Today, was a long run and I started out REALLY.....slow....then I picked up some speed.  I think I was running faster because I saw dark clouds in the sky... Well. .... I didn't run fast enough... I got wet... I am now a true runner.. I continued to run and a block from my house, Don came and picked me up... I had finished running 6.88 miles and it felt great. I was drenched but I felt good... Maybe, next week, when I run the half marathon, it will be a success... I am nervous but I know, I can do it! 

It has been a busy week and I know next week will be just as busy! Have a great week! 

Happy training!

Eling 

No comments:

Post a Comment