Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Being a Speedy Turtle!!

Over the last few months, a lot has been happening!! Speedy Turtle has grown to be an amazing group of people. When I first started this blog, I chose Speedy Turtle as a name because I will always try to improve and get speedy.. I am not very athletically inclined... I was a band geek growing up... That and I thought how ironic the  name Speedy Turtle was... :)

Me and Mr. Speedy Turtle, my biggest supporter
So what has Speedy Turtle become.. Well, Speedy Turtle has become a group of like minded people who want to have fun running, biking and swimming. We are a group of individuals that enjoy the sport of triathlon and we aren't out to get on the podium... though that is nice once in awhile.. (I have podium in the Athena (Big Girl) division).  We cheer each other on and motivate and inspire each other to do our best!
Our group at Dragonfly... just before the triathlon!! We all had a blast and supported each other!

Our group has started a group riding on a weekly basis and each week, a new person has joined us.. It is a lot of fun!! Our motto is "No One Gets Left Behind"  We ride with Newbies and Experienced riders  each week and end it with a one mile brick.  The best part of the ride is the happy smiles and coming back the next week to see everyone again.. I really do love this group and am very excited to see where it goes from here.. Everyone of us has a turtle in us. We  all strive to improve.. we all think we are slower than someone else and work hard to get better. We are all Speedy Turtles!!!

Until next time!!!

Happy Training!!
After the ride

Just before we take off!


With Turtilina, our Mascot!


On the ride! I still can't believe we didn't crash!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the Speedy Turtles everywhere! I could definitely qualify to be in your group if you were local to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Sue, Thank you!! Yes, you are a Speedy Turtle!!! If you are ever in Memphis area, please come out and join us!!

    ReplyDelete